The Wholesale Sales Manager is responsible for developing and implementing a sales strategy that produces results and grows our portfolio of Wholesale fuel customers in South Carolina and neighboring states. Works to set and achieve target performance standards; provides feedback and takes appropriate action to achieve sales results. Able to generate sales results and assists building strong sales and marketing infrastructure to the company. A strong sense of urgency, initiative, and drive to get things done correctly, with emphasis on working with and through people in the process. Develops and builds lasting relationships with customers and prospects to develop future growth.
Wholesale Sales Manager Qualifications:
- Wholesale Sales Manager must have a minimum of 7 years’ professional sales or marketing experience within the petroleum industry.
- Must have knowledge and experience of petroleum product supply and distribution, refining, marketing or trading including an understanding of the factors influencing supply, demand, and pricing of petroleum products.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate and negotiate with others at all levels within and outside of the organization.
- Ability to recommend and implement strategic courses of action relative to marketing.
- Ability to evaluate all aspects of a purchase, exchange or processing agreement and negotiate the best deal possible.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office software, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
Wholesale Sales Manager Responsibilities:
- Further develop existing and establish new business relationships throughout current or target customer organizations, including corporate level executives.
- Monitors competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, marketing and techniques, etc.
- Prepares sales proposal by quoting pricing, credit terms and service offerings to customer based on knowledge of company’s operational capacity and established ROI thresholds.
- Establishes new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on existing or potential customers/prospects.
- Monitors customer credit compliance and engages with the Accounts Receivable team when necessary.
- Develop and maintain marketing and account penetration plans to identify and monitor opportunities. Plans include but are not limited to assessment of current state of account; competition within the target; key decision makers; overall fuel budget; issues/pain points within the target and within the customer’s marketplace; current solutions, technologies and products; opportunity for new product and service offerings; and action plan to optimize spend potential throughout the assigned account.