This strategic position manages and directs the marketing and branding related activities for the company’s portfolio of independent Truck Stops and acquired assets. Responsibilities include the implementation of innovative marketing programs and the management of all categories. Develops business plans, product promotions and marketing initiatives. Responsible for ROI analysis from marketing efforts and quantifying those efforts, analytics around foot traffic and web traffic. Provides leadership to the marketing team. Supports the company goals focusing on ownership of position and work efficiency.
• Demonstrated ability to develop and manage comprehensive strategic marketing activities and cutting-edge promotional activities, brand identity for Truck Stops to meet overall business financial goals.
• Implements and ensures branding and marketing programs and initiatives are met.
• Design, implement & oversee market planning including corporate position, market and competitive analysis, customer segment selection and penetration plans.
• Oversee product management including market and customer research for market.
• Develops, track metrics and analyzes financial results and success criteria for all marketing programs and activities.
• Plans marketing strategies, selects suppliers, evaluates new products, new equipment, and distribution opportunities utilizing established Category Management methodology.
• Issue request for proposals to ensure the best product and best price is provided for products.
• Creates annual forecasts and budgets and provides monthly review of actual to budget
• Develops annual market plans and communicates with all departments to ensure effective implementation of marketing programs.
• Formal presentations of key metrics to senior management and gains support for new programs and any needed course correction.
• Provides leadership to the procurement and marketing team.
• Recruits talent and identifies best in class team members
• Responsible for integrating new members to the company culture
• Provides the marketing team on-going training and development.
• Responsible for performance results of staff including coaching, formal development plans and appraisals.
• Minimum of 10 years of experience in Truck Stop/Transportation industry. Strong B2C Focus
• Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create results driven, team-oriented environment.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, or related field. Consideration of professional experience and education meeting the minimum requirements may be substituted.
• Strong computer knowledge; Competent with the latest technologies.