The Vice President of Pricing and Sales will establish strategies and lead their execution through oversight of the pricing, procurement, and sales functions. The Vice President of Pricing and Sales will direct efforts to increase growth sales volume of new and existing customer base and oversee significant third-party supplier and vendor relationships to ensure optimal performance of the petroleum supply and sales network.
• Develops compelling value propositions to drive sales growth.
• Manages sales team to meet or exceed sales revenue, sales profitability and budgetary objectives.
• Develops and implements strategic marketing and sales plans and forecasts to achieve corporate objectives for products and services.
• Monitors sales forecasting and planning in an effective manner by selling and promoting company long and short-range fuel sales marketing plans.
• Collaborates with key senior management in marketing, sales operations and finance to recommend enhancements to components of company fuel sales.
• Monitors the department’s key performance indicators (KPIs) such as revenue vs. plan, contact rate, quote closure rate and gross profit margin percentage.
• Evaluates current and future economic conditions that may affect the organization’s ability to sell product and services in other emerging marketplaces.
• Builds ongoing relationship with supply partners /customers in the renewable fuels space.
• Establishes and maintains relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners.
• Responsible for the long-term procurement of all fuels and blending components necessary to meet the sales demands.
• Identify, negotiate, optimize, and manage supply, delivery and storage commitments with key suppliers and carriers throughout marketing area, to meet company’s strategic objectives and maximize economic benefit.
• Identify, evaluate and recommend new supply chain opportunities for strategic improvement
• Oversee the daily implementation of sourcing, procurement and transportation of fuel assuring competitive pricing on all sourcing components through extensive market analysis and benchmarking.
• Develop and execute the strategy and capabilities to actively trade around inventories and purchase commitments to enhance profitability.
• Ensure supply reliability while managing working capital and managing price risk.
• Create plans, budgets and forecasts to guide the supply function.
• Utilize leading tools and technologies to streamline processes and optimize purchasing efficiencies.
• Advise senior leadership of short, medium and long-term fuel market issues and recommend actions to capitalize on opportunities.
• Ensure appropriate product quality control and assurance programs are in place throughout the supply chain.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Superior analytical skills with the ability to forecast and identify data trends.
• Excellent negotiation skills.
• Industry knowledge and familiarity of wholesale petroleum sales from terminal to end user.
• Ability to lead, coach and effectively communicate with a diverse team of procurement and sales associates.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite with expert knowledge of Excel.
• Bachelors degree in Business Management or related field required.
• 8-10 years of experience in senior level position with proven experience in business development, supply/procurement management, contract negotiation, and strategic planning.
• At least five years supervisory experience.