The Vice President of Operations is responsible for successfully leading the overall operation of the Company’s retail stores, with corporate responsibility for the operating results of all retail units. This position is responsible for achieving maximum profitability through the proper management of the field structure and coordination and utilization of resources.
- Develop and implement Company initiatives, business plans and budgets in collaboration with key stakeholders in Merchandising, Fuel, Marketing, Finance, IT, Real Estate and Human Resources.
- Establish and communicate annual sales and profit goals down to the store level and ensure that the objectives are met.
- Drive a customer-centric culture by ensuring that strategies, processes, communications and rewards are designed to incent premium customer service.
- Directs all Operations Support Team in developing and implementing best practices, measuring operational efficiencies, continuously improving productivity and achieving operational standards of excellence.
- Drive a people first human resources strategy, incorporating best in class recruiting, hiring, performance review, recognition & rewards system, development, and promotability assessment and selection processes, across all stores, districts, and regions.
- Instill a culture of accountability for P&L management, improving the customer experience and driving a culture of coaching, engagement and teamwork.
- Ensure compliance with all government regulations as they apply to the Company’s retail units.
- Ensure compliance with all of the Company’s operations.
- 10+ years of retail convenience store management experience in positions of increasing responsibility with a recognized and reputable multi-site retail organization(s) demonstrating best-in-class practices and strategies.
- Extensive senior leadership experience overseeing multiple teams and multiple high-volume locations.
- Demonstrated track record in developing, implementing and evaluating short and long-term plans that address business challenges and opportunities.
- Strong command of the following skill areas: strategic thought leadership; P&L management and budget development; achieving financial results; analysis and problem-solving; influencing for success; and team building.
- Demonstrated commitment to values-based leadership approach with a track record of building high-performance teams, effective succession planning and talent management.
- Must have experience with Food Service compliance, safety, and operations.
- Extensive knowledge and use of Microsoft Office products.
- Extensive knowledge of Back Office software systems.
- Demonstrated ability to assess performance using key metrics and ability to quickly identify improvement opportunities, and collaborating across the organization to take the appropriate actions to address these.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required; an MS or MBA is highly desirable.