Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Vice President of Foodservice champions the development and implementation for all elements of the food programs in the Company’s retail stores. This position will lead the sales, merchandising and product development plans for Foodservice striving for both short-term gains and long-term profitable growth.
- Provide the guidance and leadership to the Company for the food service and dispensed beverage offer. The Vice President of Food service will provide the environment and necessary resources to ensure that the Food Strategy is translated into actionable programs.
- Responsible for developing a successful marketing plan to positively impact the food service bottom line in stores essential to that success. Also creating the Vision for Foodservice and Dispensed Beverages to attract and retain new guests to the Company’s retail sites, and significantly improve our Guest base and mix.
- Food service analysis of units, sales, margin/waste and necessary actions/promotions to improve results
- Translate the Vision into tactics, programs and offers that create new Guests and delight existing guests.
- Work with the Vice President of Sales and Marketing and collaborating with Operations teams to integrate Food service and Category Management activities in our stores.
- Ensure that the foodservice offer is continually updated to meet guest’s needs and contributes to significant growth to our sales and profits.
- Assist in developing the foodservice reporting and monitoring results for retail field personnel and Sr. Team
- Lead and influence the store design process and equipment decisions to support the Company’s food and beverage offer. (Current offerings are: fried chicken, burgers, breakfast sandwiches, and pizza)
- Source and negotiate with regional/national suppliers to provide food and supplies that meet our specifications. Establish Strategic partnerships for development of food offers and products.
- This position requires frequent visits to our stores to ensure programs are successful and working as designed.
- Develop and execute planograms, store layouts and promotional signage as it relates to food service.
- Open air product selection and planograms and management of planogram integrity by stores
- Work with Training Department for training material development
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field required
- Minimum of 10 years Foodservice Category Management and 3 to 5 years in the Convenience store vertical with field operations engagement
- Certified Serv Safe Trainer with ability to teach food safety manager certifications.
- Possess significant knowledge in a food service operations and the support structure required to meet the financial and operational goals of the stores.
- Knowledge of and experience in the processes that are necessary for successful development and implementation:
- Product and Program Development
- Equipment selection and operation
- Food Marketing and Merchandising
- Sourcing and contract negotiation
- Food Safety
- Merchandising and Display
- Direct P&L responsibility
- Proven ability in people management and demonstrated leadership.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office – Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Proficient knowledge in a variety of foodservice concepts, and possess the knowledge of how each process works and how to maximize sales and profits.