The Vice President of Finance – US will be responsible for the leadership, strategy, direction and implementation of all financial matters, including timely and accurate preparation and review of financial information for all Company’s US business and US supply. The successful candidate will work closely with leadership throughout the US to maintain reporting, internal controls, policies, and processes. This role oversees departments of Finance, FP&A and Tax.
- Member of US executive team and serves as thought leader on financial matters.
- Leads diverse team focused on all aspects of finance, including Tax, Finance and Financial Planning and Analysis.
- Manages the monthly financial reporting cycle for US businesses, board financial reports and quarterly reports including the preparation of monthly consolidated and non-consolidated management reports with associated financial analysis.
- Leads US annual financial budget planning process and reporting and assists with rolling forecasts.
- Preparing/reviewing additional ad hoc financial reporting and analysis as needed.
- Ensures all reporting deadlines are met and distributed to the business in a timely manner.
- Works closely with the Controllers to understand financial and operational information needs to improve our reporting and analysis to help better manage the business.
- Works with the divisional accounting leads to design and implement more efficient business, close and reporting processes.
- Proactively drives improvements to existing processes, including ensuring that system or procedural controls are in place to prevent errors from occurring.
- Researches and analyzes GAAP accounting issues and pronouncements, offer sound accounting advice to the business; ensure that transactions posted are in accordance with current generally accepted accounting principles.
- Liaisons with the external and internal auditors; provide information required to facilitate an efficient audit.
- Identifies opportunities to increase business efficiencies, cost optimization and revenue enhancements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- CPA Required
- Derivative accounting experience required.
- Minimum of 10 years post-secondary accounting leadership experience within the Oil & Gas industry.
- Strong understanding of financial systems, processes, and internal controls
- Strong system skills including proficiency with Microsoft Excel; knowledge of Allegro and PDI considered an asset.
- High level analytical and problem-solving skills including the ability to think outside of the box and deal with ambiguity.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills along with the ability to work well in cross-functional teams.
- Ability to adjust to changing and conflicting demands, responsibilities, and issues.
- Enthusiastic learner with demonstrated ability to multi-task and thrive in a high volume, fast-paced and evolving work environment.
- Strong understanding of financial implications of decision making and how it effects bottom line.
- High attention to detail with proven ability to prioritize tasks in order to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.