Job Order Number: 7961
Job Title: Sales Manager Commercial Fuel
Industry: Commercial Fuel
Position Reports To: Business Unit Manager
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Business
Experience: 10+ years of industry experience
Recruiter: Rick Cosmer
Recruiter Direct Line: 239-302-3588
Responsible for developing profitable sales through Sales Managers and Sales Consultants through coaching, teaching, and mentoring.
Sales Manager Commercial Fuel (Houston, TX) Responsibilities:
- Achieve growth of sales and related profitability in line with the Business Units objectives by supporting Sales Leads and Sellers in discovering new opportunities within existing accounts and searching for new business with new customers.
- Assist the Sales team in developing and closing accounts in their pipeline’s through ride a longs, sales support, and sales reporting with focus on Top 10 Targets.
- Maintenance and updates of the SFS Fuel Training Manual.
- Collaborate with the Business Unit Manager and Senior Vice President in strategic planning for SFS sales goals.
- Review and approve sales commissions, bonuses, payroll/time, and expense reports timely.
- Run sales analysis reports for SFS Sales Team weekly, monthly, quarterly, annually.
- Professionally address performance issues and implement corrective actions when necessary.
- Management of all contract level customers to include proposals and audits.
- Hiring responsibilities for the SFS Sales Team to include recruiting, interviewing, and on boarding.
- Provide leadership and support in absence of the Business Unit Manager.
- Hold and facilitate weekly, “Huddles” with the sales team.
- Complete Quarterly 1:1’s and Annual reviews.
- Collaborate SFS Sales Leads in areas of sales strategies, market intelligence, and development of direct reports.
- Training and development of all Sales Consultants
- Perform other duties assigned by the Business Unit Manager and Senior Vice President.
- Review billing journals daily to verify margins.
- Review and approve all fuel equipment agreements for tank placement.
- Process, execute and oversee all FFP (Fixed Forward Pricing) opportunities for the Fuels Division.
- Review CRM data usage, activities and pipeline.
- Review Sales performance to plan to include Target account closes, DGP and gallons.
- Manage service issues and bottlenecks with sales consultants and customers as needed.
- Liaison with Parent Company to move various initiatives forward.
- Assist all Sales Consultants with quotes, proposals, bids and offerings as needed.
- Supervise the entire SFS Sales Team, approve payroll, PTO, disciplinary actions.
- Work towards meeting or exceeding goals and expectations to include:
- Win/Close rate for Top 10 Target Accounts
- Existing key account growth
- Increase gross profit margin
- Increase products and services sold year over year
- Meet monthly DGP goals set by Leadership
- Cross marketing initiative
- Marketing campaigns
- Maintain supplier relationships and explore supply optimization opportunities.
- Provide leadership for the Optimization Specialization Specialist.