This position is responsible for managing and directing the operation of assigned region to maximize sales and profitability. This person must be a role model and demonstrate Company’s core values of culture, accountability, loyalty, and service.
- Accountable for maximizing profits and company assets through effective P&L management and responsible for short and long-term planning in areas of budgeting, goal setting and team development within the market area.
- Supervise and coach direct reports in the performance of their duties; complete performance reviews and provides feedback to direct reports.
- Responsible for identifying talent, developing capabilities & leadership in others, building the region’s bench-strength and creating a high performing and high potential team.
- Plans, organizes, and provides leadership/management for profitable daily operations of stores in the region, using sales planning, competitive analysis and business acumen.
- Responsible for identifying areas of opportunity, coordinating programs and working with Marketing for additional sales and profits.
- Keeps abreast of changes in the marketplace and leads the region by example in areas of thought leadership, local marketplace intelligence and changes.
- Aggressively drives the business forward at all times.
- Ensure compliance with all government regulations as they apply to the Company’s retail & food service units.
- Ensure compliance with all the Company’s operations, including food service operations.
- Leading a team of 8-12 Area Managers and overseeing 80-115 stores within Region.
- 5-10 years of experience supervising multi-unit retail stores.
- Prior experience with Convenience Store Operations/Multi unit Food Service is required.
- Possess computer knowledge with the ability to operate the Company’s Back Office System.
- Employs an adaptable, responsive, open communication style and the ability to act quickly in a dynamic environment
- Must be able to travel extensively throughout the region.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent experience.