The Regional Account Executive is responsible for targeting and winning new delivered commercial and industrial business while maintaining their existing customer base.
REGIONAL ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE JOB EXPECTATIONS/DUTIES
• Target and win new delivered commercial and industrial business and manage existing customer base.
• Responsible for building and maintaining a strong book of business and cultivating relationships to build future growth opportunities.
• Maintain up to date information of marketing intelligence and industry trends by making frequent contact among customers, industry personnel, and industry related publications and events.
• Consult internally to improve current services and offerings.
• Help to identify, build, and grow new or existing sales markets.
• Maintain extensive phone use to establish new accounts and maintain existing or potential customers/prospects.
• Assume a key role in the development of customer proposals and presentations.
• Manage a CRM based pipeline of prospects and executes daily contact within the system.
• Create and maintain strong sales pipeline with detailed information of potential and qualified prospects/opportunities, status and next steps.
• Participate in strategic sales campaigns.
• Help to renew existing contracts.
• Address relationship issues (Credit, Accounts Receivable, Deliveries, etc.) in a professional way that sustains relationship with customers.
• College degree is preferred.
• 5 years minimum experience showing a progressive work history in high-contact sales environments is required.
• 3-5 years experience in fuel sales is preferred.
• Previous experience working within a supply, distribution, wholesale fuel, or retail operation is preferred.
• Basic knowledge of fuel supply and distribution, marketing, and trading including a general understanding of the factors that may influence pricing, supply, and demand is preferred.
• Proficient skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, & Outlook) are preferred.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills including proposal writing and presentation skills are preferred.
• Self-starter, self-motivated, sense of urgency, personable, extroverted personality, well organized, ability to achieve goals, ability to focus and pay attention to details is preferred.
• HIGHLY motivated and entrepreneurial individual is preferred.