The Pricing and Supply Analyst is responsible for reviewing data and industry trends, provided through sales and other industry resources, and analyzing to provide accurate projections about market, industry conditions, anticipated production levels, and other factors in order to maximize the company’s market share, profitability, efficiency and customer satisfaction.
• Analyzes data, makes recommendations and comments, and presents forecast to leadership team for business planning and product sales.
• Consults with General Manager to ensure raw material inventory reflects, or will meet, expected sales trends.
• Works collaboratively with account managers and outside sales to ensure operational support to maximize sales and purchasing functions.
• Manage, communicate and negotiate with third party suppliers and customers utilizing OPIS, ARGUS, and other pricing analysis tools and resources.
• Source and procure a variety of Petroleum products
• Maintains a high level of product and vendor knowledge
• Produce reports for strategic customers. Review request for quotes to determine customer requirements and company capabilities.
• Works collaboratively with Contracts and Bids Manager to review and execute contract initiation on new customers
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to identify data trends.
• Industry knowledge and familiarity of wholesale petroleum sales from terminal to end user.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite with expert knowledge of Excel.
• Bachelors degree in Business Management or related field with an emphasis in mathematics or statistics required.
• At least three years of experience preparing sales analyses and forecasts in a marketing environment
• Certification in production and inventory control a plus.