The Inside Sales Manager is responsible for developing and implementing a sales strategy that produces results and grows the portfolio of the Company’s product lines on both national and regional levels. Works to set and achieve target performance standards; provides feedback and takes appropriate action to achieve sales results. Works effectively with internal and external stakeholders to achieve customer satisfaction and profitability for the Company. Able to generate sales results and assists in building strong sales and marketing infrastructure to Company. Brings a high degree of passion, enthusiasm and achieves strategic company sales objectives. Develops and builds lasting relationships with customers and prospects to develop future growth.
- Direct responsibility to build and manage a sales team and process for national and regional business to meet sales targets for gallons and profitability.
- Address relationship issues (Credit, Accounts Receivable, Deliveries, etc.) in a professional way that sustains relationship with customers.
- Establishes new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on existing or potential customers/prospects.
- Manages a CRM based pipeline of prospects and executes daily contact within the system.
- Prepares sales proposal by quoting pricing, credit terms and service offerings to customer based on knowledge of company’s operational capacity and established ROI thresholds.
- Participates in strategic sales campaigns.
- Further develop existing and establish new business relationships throughout current or target customer organizations, including corporate level executives.
- Develop and maintain marketing and account penetration plans to identify and monitor opportunities. Plans include but are not limited to assessment of current state of account; competition within the target; key decision makers; overall fuel budget; issues/pain points within the target and within the customer’s marketplace; current solutions, technologies and products; opportunity for new product and service offerings; and action plan to optimize spend potential throughout the assigned account.
- Manage all aspects of assigned accounts within the account portfolio including but not limited to opportunity identification, pre-sales planning, deal execution, and assurance of customer satisfaction. Ensure a high level of post-sales satisfaction and facilitation of long term relationships and strong potential for repeat business.
- Performs administrative functions to complete sales cycle (forecasting, reporting, customer database maintenance, correspondence, communications).
- Resolve customer complaints by investigating problems, developing solutions, preparing memos/reports and making recommendations to management.
- Increase sales through all avenues but not limited to rack sales, day deals, fixed forward and other contract sales.
- Maintains the corporate image and philosophy in all contact with team members, customers and vendors.
- Experience selling to national or key accounts, fleets, and/or within the transportation industry.
- At least five (5) years of sales experience; preferably in the commercial / transportation / fuel industry.
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook) and Salesforce.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including proposal writing and presentation skills.
- Self-starter, self-motivated, sense of urgency, personable, extroverted personality, well organized, ability to achieve goals, ability to focus and pay attention to detail.
- Previous experience leading an inside sales team.