The General Manager is responsible for successfully leading the overall operation of the Company’s retail stores, and dealer network with corporate responsibility for the operating results of all retail units. This position is responsible for achieving maximum profitability through the proper management of the field structure and coordination and utilization of resources.
• Develop and implement Company initiatives, business plans and budgets in collaboration with key stakeholders in Food Service, Fuel, Marketing, Finance, IT, and Human Resources.
• Establish and communicate annual sales and profit goals down to the store level and ensure that the objectives are met.
• Drive a customer-centric culture by ensuring that strategies, processes, communications and rewards are designed to incent premium customer service.
• Directs all Operations Support Teams in developing and implementing best practices, measuring operational efficiencies, continuously improving productivity and achieving operational standards of excellence.
• Drive the execution of succession planning, workforce planning and human capital development initiatives across stores, areas and regions.
• Instill a culture of accountability for P&L management, improving the customer experience and driving a culture of coaching, engagement and teamwork.
• Identify and cultivate new and existing business opportunities.
• Ensure compliance with all government regulations as they apply to the Company’s retail units.
• Ensure compliance with all of the Company’s operations, including food service operations.
• 15+ years of retail management experience in a multi-site retail organization(s) with Jobber/Dealer experience as well.
• Excellent knowledge of:
o Wholesale Fuels
o Retail Operations
• Demonstrated track record in developing, implementing and evaluating short and long-term plans that address business challenges and opportunities.
• Strong operations background in a customer driven environment with a proven track record of achieving solid financial results and customer service excellence.
• Strong command of the following skill areas: strategic thought leadership; P&L management and budget development; achieving financial results; analysis and problem-solving; influencing for success; and team building.
• Demonstrated commitment to values-based leadership approach with a track record of building high-performance teams, effective succession planning and talent management.
• Extensive knowledge of PDI Backoffice Systems.
• Bachelor’s Degree is required.