The General Manager (“GM”) is responsible for the overall sales growth and profitability of the entire travel center, and the GM must take responsibility for the entire location. Division Managers will report directly to the GM, and the GM must be capable of responding to the consistently changing landscape in a fast-paced retail environment, where rapid decision-making abilities are required. If you believe you are ready to take on this level of responsibility with a growing company, then we want to talk to you!
- This position has full day to day operations responsibility including strict adherence to customer service and safety standards 24/7.
- Investigating a cash shortage, inventory variation, and other budget anomalies.
- Coaching Direct Reports personnel regarding effective approaches to address problems during their shift.
- The GM will be responsible for making sure the Travel Center is up to code with all environmental compliance requirements.
- Creating and approving schedules at least two weeks in advance; approving vacation requests.
- Hosting regularly scheduled Safety and Department Head meetings.
- Auditing vault and verifying that deposits make it to the bank daily.
- Inspecting the entire facility daily to ensure we are the cleanest truck stop in Wyoming.
- Gathering bids for capital improvement budget.
- Working with the owner to establish sales goals.
- Working shoulder to shoulder with Line Associates to understand issues they are facing.
- Ensuring department meets and exceeds all corporate office deadlines.
- This position will be involved in trade/industry groups and with the local Chamber of Commerce.
- 5+ years of experience as a multi-unit supervisor in the C-Store industry or as a General Manager for a travel center or truck stop. Candidates with 5+ years of high-volume retail operations outside of these industries will be considered.
- Must be able to demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and back office software systems.
- Must be able to travel independently.
- Must be able to exhibit a high level of responsibility, integrity, dependability and stability.
- Must have a proven track record of recruiting, hiring, training, and retaining a best-in-class team.
- Must be a hands-on Manager with exceptional communication skills.