A multi-unit travel center chain, is seeking a Fleet Fuel Salesperson. This is a great opportunity for someone who understands the truck stop/travel center diesel industry as it relates to the Professional Driver and diesel sales. This position would be based in the St. Louis area primarily working in the Northern Missouri and Southern Illinois areas, and would be responsible for the development, sales and customer service of the Company’s Direct Sales efforts.
- Development of direct sales to Fleet customers in the assigned geographical region through general marketing and direct contact.
- Developing and maintaining customer relations and support of fleet customers.
- Assist in Direct Sales accounts receivable and collection.
- Assist in Direct Sales reporting and analysis for the assigned territory.
- Liaison between fleet customers and company locations.
- Strong relationship building and business development skills.
- Familiarity with over-the-road transportation industry
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, verbal and written.
- Excellent customer service and listening skills.
- High energy, stamina, and resourcefulness.
- Driven to accomplish goals and objectives.
- Clear, common sense thinker with critical reasoning skills. Able to obtain information, evaluate alternatives, seek advice, make recommendations, and take action.
- Proficiency in Business and sales tracking software
- Understanding of the truck stop/travel center industry
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in relevant direct motor fuel sales or fleet programs or equivalent
- 5 plus years of demonstrated experience in sales
- Excellent knowledge of budgets, margin calculation, and financial statement review
- Demonstrated creative ability to market a Fleet Program