The Director of Wholesale Fuels is primarily responsible for recruitment and support of the Company’s branded fuels distributors. Reporting to the President, the Director of Wholesale Fuels manages the day-to-day sales and marketing activities within an assigned territory.
• Director of Wholesale Fuels must have a minimum of 7 years professional sales or marketing experience along with a strong background in supplier relationships.
• Experience with high-volume, low-margin commodity or petroleum-based markets is necessary.
• Must have knowledge and experience of petroleum product supply and distribution, refining, marketing or trading including an understanding of the factors influencing supply, demand, and pricing of petroleum products.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate and negotiate with others at all levels within and outside of the organization.
• Ability to recommend and implement strategic courses of action relative to marketing.
• Must be able to use initiative and good judgment, knowledge of resources, and methods within the standards and procedures set by the department.
• Must have experience selling storefronts and credit card payment processing.
• Ability to evaluate all aspects of a purchase, exchange or processing agreement and negotiate the best deal possible.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office software, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
• Market development within the assigned territory.
• Contract negotiation and compliance.
• Account prospecting and account management.
• Communicate marketing programs and promotional activities for stores.
• Communicate regulatory changes and issues.