The Director of Retail Operations will be responsible for managing all the financials and operational functions for the Convenience store retail team. Daily the team member will be focusing on growth opportunities and making business decisions that are in line with its core values and the strategic business plan. Will be the main point of contact in development and management of all retail stores and ensuring decisions are being made to increase profitability and quality across the board. Up to 50% travel required.
- Manage the relationship between Organization and the following areas; branded fuel suppliers, branded food and franchisor suppliers, and retail customers.
- Development and execution of Organization’s retail gasoline pricing strategies.
- Development of convenience retailing marketing programs for execution by Organization’s and its customers.
- Improve the financial and operation health of our retail customers and commission operators.
- Create alternative, non-fuel profit centers to optimize Organization’s retail assets.
- Manage our company operated retail locations and all its members.
- Develop financial budgets and goals, both short and long term that align with company objectives: Manage resources, both internal and external to deliver the maximum sustainable value while delivering a quality product.
- Use consumer research, both proprietary and shared, to develop strategies and tactics that create a growing and sustainable customer base
- Conduct or obtain competitive research, to maximize, monitor, evaluate and benchmark the progress of the programs, tests, and campaigns.
- Drive innovation and process improvement into departments and business units
- Achieve financial and operational targets that contribute to the achievement of company goals
- Monitor legal, governmental, and industry changes in your functional areas
- Recommend sources of supply, verify quotations received and verify that all negotiated contracts benefit the company and our customers.
- Coach and develop the future leaders within the organization.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.
- Must have 10+ years’ management experience overseeing a multi-unit Convenience retail chain
- Experience overseeing and managing the P&L, return on investment (ROI) and capital.
- Multi-site or territory management responsibility with a vertically integrated major oil company.
- Financial and/or operation experience with a vertically integrated major oil company.
- Service on a board or committee for one of the industry organizations (NACS, SIGMA, MPA, etc).