Summary: The Director of IT is responsible for allocating resources and managing a portfolio of projects, which incorporate a collection of systems, infrastructure and information that align with, and help facilitate our company goals and projects. Their role is to ensure the streamlined operation of the IT department is in alignment with our business objectives of the organization, as well as providing administrative direction and support for daily operational activates of the IT department.
Our Director of IT will need to work closely with decision makers in other departments to identify, recommend, develop implementation, and support cost- effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization. This person will also define and implement IT policies, procedures, and best practices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of Director of IT include the following.Other duties may be assigned.
• Prior experience in the Petroleum/c-store industry preferred.
• Strong Project Management experience.
• Provide leadership, vision, and management to the IT department.
• Work with Operations, Field, and Staff to assess and respond to IT needs
• Readily available 24/7 to respond to emergency questions
• Manage an IT staff of three people
• Manage vendors and independent contractors
• Review strategic goals and initiatives, promote team building and work to provide growth path for staff
• Provide day-to-day supervision, able to delegate work assignment for all IT personnel
• Oversee the development, design, and implementation of new applications and changes to existing computer system and software packages.
• Responsible for the ordering, acquisition, inventorying, and disposition of hardware and software
• Serve as primary contact with outside vendors in the generation of bids, contracts, agreements and other major vendor interaction, systems operations, and maintenance.
• Maintain the integrity and continual operation of the IT network including the wireless network
• Develop, review, and certify all back-up and disaster recovery procedures and plans
• Certification from Microsoft Exchange or administration or network administration a plus
• Cisco Certifications, Network Infrastructure, Cyber security, IP-ing a plus
• Microsoft Experience (Active Directory, Virtual Machines, Hyper-V, Office).
• POS Experience and EDI experience /knowledge a plus
• BS Degree in IT/MIS/related
• Other duties not listed may be assigned by the Owners of our organization.
Management Skills: Sound judgment, initiative flexibility, detail-oriented with industry software
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirement listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience: Minimum of four-year degree and/or at least 8 years’ experience in technical operations management and/or an equivalent combination of training and experience in our industry. Experience: Retail/Petroleum/C-Store background is a plus
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret periodically, professional journals, technical procedures, or industry related regulations. Ability to effectively present information, and respond to questions from groups of management, field, store support and the public.
Technical Skills: Broad knowledge of information technology processing system, concepts, and methodologies. Demonstrated aptitude of learning new technologies. PDI experience is recommended.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram from and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Ability to execute and complete projects
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are a representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Must be readily available and on call 24/7 to receive highly emergency calls. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to visit site locations along with being present in our main office for majority of the work week.