The Director of Fuel Pricing is responsible for organizational strategy and daily operations of setting the daily fuel prices for 300+ convenience stores to ensure competitiveness within the market. This individual serves as knowledge expert in fuel pricing analytics and the competitive landscape. It works closely with all departments to drive the strategy and tactics of all Fuel related activity especially in support of our Operation and Supply Chain teams. Up to 40% travel required.
- Lead a team of Fuel Pricing analysts responsible for daily pricing activities.
- Create socialize and evolve company fuel pricing strategy and tactics.
- Analyzes multiple factors such as competitor surveys, store strategies, market conditions, and key performance indicators to set the daily fuel prices for the convenience stores in a designated region.
- Serves as a knowledge expert in fuel pricing strategies and competitor landscape for all regions.
- Performs routine field visits to maintain awareness of marketplace factors and changes.
- Builds and maintains working relationships with all operations management in the designated markets along with transportation and supply teams.
- Monitors individual store performance through reporting tools and regularly reports on results and provides action plans for improvement to senior leadership.
- Manage store pricing activities, from data collection to analysis to execution.
- Successfully lead the business unit team in achievement of business plan objectives
- Coordinate fuel pricing strategy with the logistics and supply teams.
- Effectively leverage technology to support strategy and execution.
- 5+ years professional experience Fuel Pricing within the Petroleum Industry
- Must have experience in high-volume, low-margin commodity or petroleum-based markets
- Must have experience with high- volume, multi-site operations.
- Data- Driven decision maker.
- Must have experience with high-volume, multi-site operations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – ability to effectively communicate and interact with all levels inside and outside the organization in addition to the C level executives.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite as well as the most up to date technologies in fuel pricing.