This position directs the financial affairs of the organization and prepares financial analyses of operations, including monthly financial statements and reports, for the guidance of management. The Controller is responsible for company accounting practices, the maintenance of its fiscal records, and the preparation of federal and state tax returns.
- Development, analysis, and interpretation of statistical and accounting information in order to appraise operating results in terms of profitability, performance, and other matters bearing on the fiscal soundness and operating effectiveness of the organization.
- Determine company’s Key Performance Indicators and compare with industry standards
- Establishment and monitoring of accounts receivable and collections procedures
- Maintains the company’s system of accounts and keeps books and records on all company transactions and assets.
- Delegate and supervise personnel in order to improve accounting processes, maximize employee productivity and increase company profit
- Prepares monthly financial reports that outline the company’s financial position in the areas of income, expenses, earnings, and cash flow.
- Responsible for compliance with all federal and state sales and excise tax regulations.
- Responsible for providing and monitoring effective financial and internal controls for the organization.
- Develops document retention policies and coordinates destruction of old records, including electronic files.
- Prepares monthly journal entries and schedules which include bank reconciliation, inventory and excise tax adjustments, recurring journals, and other general journal entries necessary for the completion of monthly financial reports. Maintains expense and fixed assets documents for yearend compilation, Fuel and non-fuel reconciliation.
- Prepare tenant invoices and supervise receivables for the company.
- Prepare payables and cash flow for the company.
- Coordinate annual workers compensation audit, as well as other governmental compliance or tax audits when notified.
- BA/BS Degree in Accounting, Finance or related major.
- 5+ years of experience in financial management.
- Experience in the oil & gas downstream industry.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Experience in financial analysis.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Must have excellent knowledge of SAGE Accounting Software; Petrosoft knowledge is a plus.