Directs the financial affairs of the organization and prepares financial analyses of operations, including monthly financial statements and reports, for the guidance of management. The Chief Financial Officer is responsible for company accounting practices, the maintenance of its fiscal records, and the preparation of federal and state tax returns.
- Development, analysis, and interpretation of statistical and accounting information in order to appraise operating results in terms of profitability, performance, and other matters bearing on the fiscal soundness and operating effectiveness of the organization.
- Determine company’s Key Performance Indicators and compare with industry standards.
- Establishment and monitoring of accounts receivable and collections procedures.
- Maintains the company’s system of accounts and keeps books and records on all company transactions and assets.
- Delegate and supervise personnel to improve accounting processes, maximize employee productivity and increase company profit.
- Prepares monthly financial reports that outline the company’s financial position in the areas of income, expenses, earnings, and cash flow.
- Responsible for compliance with all federal and state taxes.
- Responsible for providing and monitoring effective financial and internal controls for the organization.
- Develops document retention policies and coordinates destruction of old records, including electronic files.
- Prepares monthly journal entries and schedules which include bank reconciliation, inventory and excise tax adjustments, recurring journals, and other general journal entries necessary for the completion of monthly financial reports. Maintains expense and fixed assets documents for yearend compilation.
- Coordinate banking activities, debt servicing, cash transfers, and investment of idle cash funds.
- Coordinate annual workers compensation audit, as well as other governmental compliance or tax audits when notified.
- Coordinate with outside CPA firm the compiled annual financial report. Prepares necessary schedules for compilation, such as salaries, debt, LIFO inventories, accounts receivable, accounts payable, prepaid expenses, accrued liabilities, cash, fixed assets, and expenses.
- BA/BS Degree in Accounting, Finance; CPA Preferred
- 7+ years of experience in Accounting/Finance with progressively expanding leadership experience.
- Must have experience in the SAGE Peachtree Accounting Software; Petrosoft Back Office Software is a plus.
- Must have experience in the retail and oil & gas industries.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Must have great leadership skills.