The Chief Financial Officer reports to the Chief Executive Officer and the Chief Operations Officer and is accountable for the administrative, financial, and risk management operations of the company. This includes the development of a financial and operations strategy in support to the overall corporate strategy, metrics tied to that strategy, and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems and processes designed to preserve company assets and report accurate and timely financial results. The Chief Financial Officer serves as a key member of the executive leadership team helping develop and modeling strategic initiatives in support of the mission and values of the company.
- Attract, retain, motivate, lead and develop a high-performance accounting and administration team who handle day to day finance
,accounting and administrative operations; hold the team accountable for meeting performance objectives and for high quality service delivery to internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensure the timely and accurate preparation, delivery and analysis of all financial statements, budgets and forecasts in line with best practice. Deploy and manage internal controls for cash management and financial statement preparation in line with best practices.
- Manage the company’s liquidity, investment of cash and balance sheet to best position the company to achieve its growth objectives and maximize returns.
- Develop, implement, and maintain reliable cash flow projection processes and reporting mechanisms which includes minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs.
- Partner with other managers to develop, implement, oversee and continuously refine an effective infrastructure of systems, processes, and personnel to support the day to day operations and growth objectives of the organization.
- Work collaboratively with IT to deploy, leverage, upgrade, and evaluate technology in our company to drive information, data, and operational efficiencies.
- Assure timely and effective tax planning for the companies, including actively managing the tax aspects of transactions, debt, equity and ownership structuring.
- Assure compliance while minimizing the cost impact of all taxes. Oversee the audit and tax preparation process for the Company’s entities; work closely with third party auditors and advisors to ensure timely and accurate completion of audits and tax returns and resolution of complex issues.
- Oversee the management of the company’s real estate tax assessments to minimize the payment of property taxes.
- Develop and monitor with COO meaningful fiscal year budgets and plans for operations, including the Capex budgeting process.
- Establish strong banking relationship with current and future providers.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting; CPA and/or MBA strongly preferred.
- 10+ years’ experience in progressively responsible financial leadership roles, ideally in convenience retailing.
- Strong affinity for data to support objective decision making. Ability to perform and interpret detailed financial analysis.
- Demonstrated and deep knowledge and skill for computer systems, and ability to create advanced presentation materials (e.g., using PowerPoint), and analyzing data (e.g., highly advanced user of Excel). Comfortable mastering our ERP system software to execute duties as well as leading by example to embrace technology among the finance/accounting team members.
- Strong and demonstrated financial acumen supporting growth through acquisition, budgeting, forecasting, as well as contributions on a strategic level for our management team and company.
- Stylistically, the Chief Financial Officer should be a “doer” who is also comfortable and effective at managing and delegating.