This firm is seeking an experienced convenience store expert to lead a rapidly growing company to oversee the operations and growth of the organization. This position is responsible for achieving maximum profitability through the proper management of the field structure and coordination and utilization of resources.
- Direct the operational strategy across the portfolio, driving year-over-year growth in sales and profitability.
- Build and lead management teams for each region throughout the United States. This is to include Directors and Regional Managers.
- Ensure a seamless transition of each store or group of stores once they are acquired.
- Hold accountability for all P&L and budgets of the regions.
- Instill a culture of accountability for P&L management, improving the customer experience and driving a culture of coaching, engagement and teamwork.
- Drive the execution of succession planning, workforce planning and human capital development initiatives across stores, areas and regions.
- Maintain familiarity with market research and trends to determine consumer demand, potential sales volumes and the effect of competitors’ operations for sales and margins.
- Communicate progress regularly to the other members of the leadership team.
- Directs all Operations Support Team in developing and implementing best practices, measuring operational efficiencies, continuously improving productivity and achieving operational standards of excellence.
- Establish and communicate annual sales and profit goals down to the store level and ensure that the objectives are met.
- Possess 15+ years of experience in a leadership role in the operations and new store growth and development within the convenience store industry.
- Extensive senior leadership experience overseeing multiple teams and multiple high-volume locations.
- Demonstrated track record in developing, implementing and evaluating short and long-term plans that address business challenges and opportunities.
- Demonstrated commitment to values-based leadership approach with a track record of building high-performance teams, effective succession planning and talent management.
- Demonstrates a strong track record of driving growth, cutting costs, overseeing operations and negotiating favorable supplier contracts.
- Possess strong communication skills.
- Can estimate sales volumes and margins, build a mental P&L and identify areas of improvement.