The Category Analyst is an integral member of the Marketing and Merchandising Category team and is responsible for conducting strategic advanced data analytics and visualization along with the creation/maintenance of business reporting. This position will support a variety of projects within the Category Management team.
Category Analyst Responsibilities:
• Use all available resources to analyze and interpret consumer and sales insights to identify consumer trends and identify potential marketing opportunities for our customers and stores.
• Research and analyze data and other category-related information to identify trends, category performance, competitive threats, opportunities, etc. to support business decisions.
• Use data sources to develop regular and ad hoc reports to include out of stock, opportunity gap, SKU rationalization, plan-o-gram analysis, promotion analysis, item tracking, pricing studies, financial performance, sales and movement.
• Provide internal business management with accurate and pertinent information that enhances and guides effective decision making.
• Consult with internal business teams to provide analysis and insights designed to support key business decisions.
• Project management which will include developing project plans, processes, and timeline.
• Leverage analytical insights to develop actionable items for improvement.
• Conduct field analysis to make recommendations for improvement.
• Design, manage, and run customized reports for category managers, directors, and executive.
• Liaison with IT to ensure necessary data requirements and increase knowledge base of how data flows , where it is stored, and how to access it in our enterprise system.
• Determine market needs and/or gaps and assist in creating a strategy to capture new growth in the assigned areas.
• Perform other duties as required and/or assigned.
• Employee must be able to perform essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
• BA/BS in Business, Statistics, Mathematics, Accounting, or related discipline.
• 2 + years of data analyst experience, including specific experience working with large scale data and customer segmentation analysis.
• Strong analytic skills with a high attention to detail.
• Strong skills in MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
• Knowledgeable in Data Visualization products such as Tableau, MicroStrategy, or Spotfire.