Leads a designated multi-unit territory by implementing and managing business growth strategies in key areas to include talent management, customer service excellence, financial analysis and optimization, internal/external compliance measures and risk mitigation, and vendor, community, and public relations. This role may be assigned to an existing territory, newly acquired but established territory, or to a newly identified territory where significant analysis, planning and implementation is needed in all operational aspects to ensure successful development of the market share.
- Ensure continued growth of store-level management teams through effective workforce planning.
- Advise, coach, and motivate team members to achieve optimal performance.
- Maximize profitability through sales enhancement, expense control, accurate reporting & documentation of all accounting & team member activities.
- Maintain a continuous presence in the stores across all days and shifts to observe, coach, and set expectations in accordance with our core values and core competencies.
- Minimizes inventory & cash losses through proactive & innovative management.
- Act as liaison between assigned stores & upper management including communicating & enforcing company policies & procedures.
- Understand local market and competitive landscape sharing findings with Regional Directors. Respond to changing market conditions and competitor actions to achieve financial targets as well as other business metrics. Implements merchandising programs & helps to develop market area strategy through attention & response to competitor fuel/non-fuel activity.
- Lead implementation and change management of new initiatives to ensure stability; gain alignment from GM team and share feedback on process with Regional Director.
- Ensures that stores are in compliance with all appropriate, local, state & federal regulations regarding hours of work, wages, age restrictions, & fair employment laws.
- Analyzes financial Reports, financial statements, margins & expenditures to achieve profit objectives.
- Responsible for store management & staff. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization policies & state, federal & local laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring & training employees; planning, assigning & directing work; appraising performance; reward & discipline of employees; addressing complaints & resolving problems.
- Four-year college or university degree preferred or a minimum of two years’ experience in a related field or equivalent combination of education & experience.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from associates, customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to read, analyze & interpret financial reports & legal documents.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Ability to solve practical problems & deal with a variety of situations where only limited standardization exits. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- ServSafe Certification.